Data Supports Boomer Radio Attracting Listeners and Advertisers
The data is building on how valuable Baby Boomers are to radio and stations that tie-in to the Boomer’s soundtrack will find loyal listeners that attract national and local advertisers.
Envision Networks® and Weigel Broadcasting Co.’s MeTV FM, the musical companion to America’s #1 all classic television network, MeTV, is proven to reach Boomers. Here are the stats:
- 58 million Boomers (those born between 1950 and 1964) listen to the radio each week1
- The MeTV FM flagship, 87.7 FM in Chicago, WRME-LP, a low power Channel 6 TV signal, averaged a 2.5 rating share and tied for eighth-place in middays (November-book 2017 Nielsen PPMs)
- Boomers control about 70% of the country’s disposable income2
- Multimedia device penetration among Boomers increased 29% year-over-year3
- Boomers are the largest consumer segment, comprising 40% of the market share4
Vallie Richards Donovan Consulting Founder, Dan Vallie, told Inside Radio5 recently that, “The upper demo is another revenue opportunity for radio, and it doesn’t necessarily have to be 55+, but it could also combine with a younger demo, for example 35-64 or 45-64 … Yes, there is money in them there hills.”
What is it about MeTV that appeals to listeners?
Both the television and radio formats present timeless and memorable entertainment that resonates with a broad audience. MeTV FM is curated for long listening enjoyment and features an astonishingly deep playlist from an active library of more than 3,000 songs across nearly four decades of great music, including singer-songwriters, country crossovers, Motown, iconic groups and many other artists.
MeTV FM actively supports affiliates with daily promotional TV announcements that advertise the radio affiliate in each market. If your interested in more information about MeTV FM, visit their page or contact Dave Hintz at 216-831-3761 or email@example.com.
1 Radio Facts and Figures, NewsGeneration.com
2 American Marketing Association “Baby Boomer Women remain Invisible to Marketers” (Sept. 28, 2016)
3 Nielsen, report 2017
4 Forbes “Five Things You Need to Know About Marketing to Baby Boomers” (Sept 26, 2017)
5 Inside Radio “Best Kept Secret? Stations Appealing to Boomers Flourish” (Dec. 18, 2017)
RELATED CONTENTMeTV FM HITS NEW RATINGS HIGH!